I have wanted to do this for a while and during the recent snowy weather, I had ample opportunity. There is nothing like being stuck "working from home" to motivate you to do those things you have been putting off.
I picked up these curtains in a charity shop for a purse emptying £2.99 back in the summer. I loved the pattern and thought that they might be long enough for my front room. Alas. They were about 2ft too short. I am rubbish at guesstimating. So I thought that I might make them into cushion covers. Apparently I am lazier than I thought. The material was relegated to the back room. Until it snowed.
I shall let the pictures speak for themselves...
I started off by working on the floor. This hurts the knees and leads to strops. Cutting on the table is much better.
Heaps of extra material in those hems. Let the unpicking commence!
Never under-estimate the usefulness of pegs
Lots of stitching later.... taaaaaaaaaaaaaa daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
A dress! Of sorts.
This is the first garment I have ever made. I used a Simplicity pattern - I forget the number, but considering I managed to avoid following any of the directions, this dress looks nothing like it was meant to. For one, it was meant to have sleeves. And a collar. And a tie back. All of these things are missing. But that aside, I am more than happy with the end result. And for a total of about £10, including pattern and thread, I can't complain.